Autor Thema: REPAIRING THE FRONT TRAIN SUSPENSION.  (Gelesen 2575 mal)

Offline Jaime González Martín

• GT Fahrer
REPAIRING THE FRONT TRAIN SUSPENSION.
« am: 10. Februar 2005, 13:58:47 »
I`m in doubt. How can I repair the front suspension?. The Leaf springs has many peaces that had been made of rubber. Could I make them of PTFE with grafite, or PTFE with bronze, or with GF, or nylon 66, or 6.6?

In a competition garage someone told me, that he is making some parts (bushings) in aluminum, but its have an important wear rate. And this solution gives solids behaviours to race driving, but its noisy and generates rattles, in a normal use this solution doesn\´t give a nice driving, and it doesn\´t be a durable solution.

I bought a cilindrical peace of PTFE, I`m thinking in mechanicing it to build the extreme bushings, but if it would turns in a bad solution, it implies dismount, it´s so hard. Who can tells to help me?

Best regards.

Offline Niels

• GT Fahrer.
RE: REPAIRING THE FRONT TRAIN SUSPENSION.
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Februar 2005, 08:43:52 »
Hier ist die Vorderachse gemeint, oder? Er fragt nach Gummilagern und hat wohl nen Kollegen der im welche aus PU oder irgendwas machen/verkaufen kann? Hab ich das richtig verstanden?

I ask the other members, if I have understand your Question.  

Offline Opel-GT-73

• GT Fahrer.
  • sh.opelGT.org
    • sh.opelGT.org
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Februar 2005, 09:36:17 »
Hello Jaime, I don´t think it´s a good Idea to build these bushes - after all it is the front suspension which could fail and cause further damage. Here is one picture

for the spring sold by splendit parts.
These are probably the other ones you mean :  

sold by Suselbeek.
I hope this helps.
BR
Stephan
Gruß Stephan
Hompage: http://sh.opelGT.org Mailto: Stephan@opelGT.org

Offline Jaime González Martín

• GT Fahrer
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Februar 2005, 14:07:33 »
I´ve found a material that could be this PU. It´s named \"VULKOLLAN\", made by BAYER. It can be mechanicing, and it´s avalible in sheets, cilinders...

BR